If there is one important certification that is globally valued and recognized by both industries and employers and trusted by businesses and governments, then it must be CompTIA A+. The level of importance attached to this certificate extends to its exams, Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1021). Passing these two tests earns you the A+ credential and shows that you have competency in hardware, mobile devices, networking technology, virtualization and Cloud computing, operational procedures, expanded security, software troubleshooting, and network troubleshooting.
If you have already exceled in the first exam, CompTIA 220-1001, then you are probably looking to know more about the second test that is CompTIA 220-1002. Find more details about it below.
Description of CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) exam
The CompTIA 220-1002 exam is the second test for the A+ certification. The vendor provides this exam to measure one’s broad range of skills, including operational procedures, software troubleshooting, expanded security, and operating systems installation and configuration. To take this Core 2 test, one must register for it at Pearson VUE and pay $226 as the exam fee.
The following information is worth knowing for successful preparation and completion of this certification exam.
- Number of questions: The CompTIA 220-1002 exam contains up to 90 questions. The students can go backward or forward and mark questions and even make necessary changes to their answers.
- Types of questions: This certification test comes with three main question formats, including drag and drop, performance-based, multiple choice (single and multiple responses).
- Time limit: The 220-1002 exam lasts 90 minutes, so you have about one minute for each question.
- Passing score: The pass mark for CompTIA 220-1002 is 700 points on a scale of 100-900. This number is equated approximately to about 75%. Many examinees prefer taking a lot of practice tests until they can comfortably get 85% and above before sitting for the real exam as these points are an indication of ability to pass the test.
- Recommended experience: The interested applicants should have worked as an IT support specialist about 12 months.
Preparation options for CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) exam
Various training platforms provide a lot of study materials to help the candidates prepare for the CompTIA 220-1002 test. The learners who have relaxed schedules and prefer to cover the exam topics systematically and formally can sign up for classes or online courses provided by these sites. For those who need more attention, an instructor-led course is a great option. Another way of preparation is study online. There are plenty of resources available online and in local bookstores. Make sure to use exam dumps and video tutorials for sample questions to be more familiar with the content of your certification test.
Passing the 220-1002 exam is the second and final step towards getting the CompTIA A+ certification. Add this credential to your resume and give more credence to your knowledge and skills. This way you will prove yourself as a savvy IT professional.