Running is a healthy activity that each of us should practice. If not done correctly, it can be quite dangerous. There have been situations where unproper warm-ups or equipment has led to unpleasant injuries.
Fortunately, with some information and minimal investment, you can enjoy the best quality equipment that will protect you whenever you choose to run.
How do you choose your running shoes? What do you need to keep in mind?
First of all, when you choose running shoes, look for classic models that are known to be effective over time. If you have a pair of shoes that gives you all the comfort you need, but it has worn out, look for a similar model!
If you are buying your first pair of running shoes, it is good to know a little about the best materials, but also the shape of the shoes. In general, sports shoes must be chosen according to the shape of the arch of the foot, the type of existing pronation or the way you do the movements. Every detail impacts the comfort, especially if you know that you always have problems choosing your shoes.
Here’s some useful advice
- Try it before buying it! If you go to a sports store, walk around with your shoes on for a few minutes. If you choose to order online, take them around the house for a few minutes! Mainly, you should know whether or not they are the right choice for you.
- Choose the right size! Perfect sports shoes should leave enough space for your toes so that there is no risk of pressing on your nails, affecting them.
- Shop at the end of the day! The evening is the best time to buy sports shoes. During the day, the legs tend to swell, reaching their maximum size. If you buy shoes in the evening, you are guaranteed to be good at any other time of the day.
- Don’t run two days in a row with the same pair of shoes! If you are used to running every day, it is good to have several pairs of sports shoes at hand. The most important feature of sports shoes is that they cushion your body weight when the foot comes in contact with the surface
- Change your shoes before they start hurting you! Most sports shoes lose their cushioning capacity after a while. In general, after 500 km, 35% of the damping capacity is lost. According to experts, sports shoes are changed once a year, lasting about 1,500 km.
Like all hobbies, running should be treated with a certain sense of professionalism. For example, if your passion is poker, you do some casino dealer training to improve your skills. The same rule applies for running.