“You got to try and reach for the stars or try and achieve the unreachable” – Cathy Freeman
© 2017 Runner’s Tribe, all rights reserved.
Cathy Freeman needs no intro. One of Australia’s most famous athletes in history, 1998 Australian of the year, two time world 400m champion and the Sydney 2000 Olympic 400m champion.
In February 1998, Cathy Freeman spent some time training in Brisbane. Below is a little snippet into her training program, at that moment in her career.
DOB: 16 Feb 1973, Mackay, Queensland, Australia.
- 100m: 11.24
- 200m: 22.25
- 300m: 36.42
- 400m: 48.63
- Olympic 400m Gold, Sydney 2000.
- Olympic 400m Silver, Atlanta 1996.
- World Championships 400m Gold, Athens 1997.
- World Championships 400m Gold, Seville 1999.
- Commonwealth Games 400m Gold, Victoria 1994.
- Commonwealth Games 200m Gold, Victoria 1994.
- Commonwealth Games 4 x 100m Gold, Auckland 1990.
- Commonwealth Games 4 x 400m Gold, Manchester 2002.
Training February 1998
- 6 x 150m hill sprints.
- Speed session. 3 x (4 x 150m). 3 minutes recovery between reps, 6 minutes recovery between sets.
- Speed session. 6 x 60m, 6 x 200m.
- Track session. 300m, 250m, 200m, 250m, 300m. 6 minutes recovery between reps.
- x 150m hill sprints.
- 6 x 150m hill sprints
RUNNER’S TRIBE PAYS OUR WRITERS & FILM MAKERS TO CREATE EXCITING & ENTERTAINING CONTENT. HELP SUPPORT THESE PROFESSIONALS AND JOIN RT PREMIUM NOW.
TO VIEW THIS CONTENT PLEASE SIGN-UP TO RUNNER'S TRIBE'S MEMBERS ONLY PREMIUM CONTENT. WE HAVE SOURCED THE WORLD'S TOP WRITERS AND FILM MAKERS TO DELIVER ANY ATHLETE, COACH, PARENT OR FAN THE ULTIMATE PORTAL FOR ATHLETICS EDUCATION, ENJOYMENT AND INSPIRATION.