Yoga or stretching routines are vital for runners’ of all abilities and ages.
For the time poor runner, here are 5 key exercises that are bound to help.
- Pigeon Pose
- Advantages: Elongates the back, opens the hips, groin, hamstrings, and relieves pressure on the lower back and sciatica.
2. Lunge & Quad Stretch
- Advantages: Opens your hips, stretches your quads, great for lower back tightness and Psoas health.
3. Hamstring Stretch, Reclining hand to Big Toe
- Advantages: Stretches hips, thighs, hamstrings, groins, and calves
4. Reclining Pigeon
- Advantages: Stretches glutes, hips, lower back, and quads.
5. Reclining Spinal Twist
- Advantages: Glute and back health.