10 LIFE QUOTES THAT APPLY TO RUNNERS
On any great journey we take, difficulties are guaranteed.
How we decide to face difficulty we experience will have a big impact on how long we can persist in the pursuit of our goals. Those of you who have been chasing your dreams in the world of athletics for a while now will already be aware of that.
Whenever we encounter a period of difficulty, one of the most powerful tools we can use to keep our situation in perspective is to learn from those who have come through the other side of their struggle, with a wisdom that can only be found there.
I wanted to share a few of the most powerful words I’ve heard with you.
I hope these words serve as a breath of fresh air, and a source of great hope as you walk through the difficulties we all experience on the road to success.
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves”. Viktor E. Frankl
- “Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day”. Jesus
- “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment”. Buddha
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition”. Steve Jobs
- “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live”! Bob Marley
- “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind”. Joyce Meyer
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed”. Michael Jordan
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life”. Muhammad Ali
- “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like”. Lao Tzu
- “Difficulty is the land where strength is formed”. – Unknown
If you enjoyed this, you might also enjoy my weekly newsletter.